1. I’m Asian. The color is a representation of my ethnic background.
2. My house color in school is yellow.
3. Coincidentally, I bought a yellow dress for my pet on Pet Society ages ago, way before I was even thinking about formal dresses. And she’s still wearing that dress.
4. I love gold; and gold in matte form is yellow.
5. My birthstones are citrine and yellow topaz.
6. In terms of appearance, Belle is possibly my favorite Disney princess. She wore a yellow dress.
7. My boyfriend thinks I’m a bee. Bees are known for being yellow.
1. Buy a dress YESSSSSS 2. Buy shoes 3. Buy clutch 4. Buy jewelry Formal present from Mom. Swarovski set <3 5. Buy makeup MAC, Maybelline, etc. 6. Book hair appointment 7. Get teeth whitened (about a month before)
8. Eat as healthy as possible (so as to prevent further breakouts and unnecessary weight gain)
9. 6-7 hours of sleep minimum on weeknights (sleep is the essence of beauty)
10. Make sure boyfriend buys his suit/shirt/tie/shoes/etc (around a month before) 11. Buy formal ticket 13. Get nails done (1-3 days before) 14. Get a haircut 15. Dye hair black-brown 16. Dye hair once more (just before formal)
You know those moments when you try something on, and you find yourself thinking, “Hey, this is pretty. It looks good on me.” And you gaze upon your reflection in the mirror, and a sense of contentment wells up inside you. That is exactly how I was feeling as I tried on a million different dresses, wondering with each one, “Which one do I get? This one’s pretty, that one is too. I’m not sure about what kind of image I should be portraying with my dress. I don’t even know what kind of dress I want.” And you wonder how you are ever going to narrow your choices down to just one dress, and even then, you’re not sure if you will be truly satisfied with your final choice.
But then something happens. It’s when, amidst all your confusion and uncertainty, you try another dress on, and you instantly think, “This is it. This is THE dress.” There is absolutely no doubt about it, because when you slip that dress over your head and onto your frame, you suddenly feel like, this is you. This dress is you, this is the one you’ve been searching for all along. All doubts and uncertainties about the kind of dress you want, the image you want to project and whatnot just disappear the moment the dress drops onto your figure. And then you know it: you’ve found your perfect dress.